Merger assessments, regulatory clearances and remedies
We assess antitrust risks associated with various business practices and agreements as well as prepare economic justification of their pro-competitive effect for the purpose of submission to antitrust authorities. Such analysis is used for regulatory clearance of vertical and horizontal mergers, and commercial and pricing policies. This allows achieving companies’ business objectives through dialogue with the regulator.
We also help companies to contest behavioral and structural remedies and to pursue their business objectives within the framework of legally effective remedies.
Our experience in this area includes the following projects:
- Competitive assessment and payback period estimation of the agreement between Philip Morris Products S.A. and the Korean tobacco company KT&G as part of the filing with the FAS of Russia and antitrust authorities of other EAEU countries
- Competitive assessment of the merger between SIBUR and TAIF, which involved consolidation of information on hundreds of SKUs, as part of the filing with the FAS of Russia of the largest merger in the petrochemical industry in Russia
- Data intensive competitive assessment of the merger between Vezet and Yandex.Taxi as part of the filing with the FAS of Russia
- Competitive assessment of the merger in IT markets as part of the filing with the FAS of Russia
- Pro-competitive justifications of the vertical agreement aimed at territorial restraints used for the clearance with the FAS of Russia
- Economic justifications for price changes in accordance with remedies in the market of construction materials and in an FMCG market