We develop economic arguments to demonstrate and substantiate pro-competitive effects of companies’ various business practices. This allows protecting our clients’ business interests and strengthening their position in antitrust investigations, as well as challenging antitrust authority’s decisions in courts.
Our experience in this area includes the following projects:
- Preparing economic arguments to support the legal position of NLMK in the antitrust investigation initiated by the FAS of Russia in the hot-rolled steel market
- Comprehensive analysis of the dynamics of prices for differentiated products in the market for set-top boxes in the antitrust investigation of alleged excessive pricing initiated by the FAS of Russia against M.video and Eldorado
- Developing economic arguments used in the court to challenge the decision of the FAS of Russia against a company in a heavy industry market
- Elaborating the theory of harm of Booking.com’s terms and conditions for its partners (most favored nation clause) in the context of the FAS investigation
- Data analysis aimed at the effect evaluation of the special widgets Yandex applied in its search engine, which was used in the investigation initiated by the FAS of Russia