Prior to joining the firm in 2012, Evgeny had worked at the leading international law firms, such as Linklaters, Clifford Chance and DLA Piper.
Evgeny is a member of the FAS of Russia Council on IT Sector and the Council on Foreign Investment, and a member of the Russian Association of Competition Experts. In 2008 and 2011 Evgeny was awarded a certificate of merit by the FAS of Russia.
In 2015 he was awarded a second-class medal of the Order of Merit for services to Russia in contributing to the advancement of antitrust regulation in the country.
Evgeny is a lecturer in competition law at the Kutafin Moscow State Law University.
His track record includes advising:
- National Financial Market Council (the largest association of financial institutions in Russia) in a claim against major Russian mobile operators (so called “Big 4” including MTS, VympelCom, Megafon and Tele2) on abuse of collective dominance in the forms of excessive pricing and discrimination on the market for mass text messaging
- the Federation of Restaurateurs and Hoteliers in antitrust investigation initiated by the FAS in relation to the online hotel booking platform Booking.com violating competition law as it had imposed unfavourable contractual terms on Russian hotels that required them to provide it with certain information and comply with parity of prices, room availability and conditions in all sales and distribution channels
- clearance of AbbVie’s acquisition of Allergan, the Irish-domiciled maker of Botox, for $63 billion
- clearance of Celgene’s acquisition by Bristol-Myers Squibb for about $74 billion
- Yandex in connection with an investigation into abuse of dominance by Google in Russia and other jurisdictions in connection with its Android operating system
Evgeny Khokhlov is a top-ranked name in the antitrust arena. He assists with merger clearance mandates as well as anti-competitive behaviour investigations. Clients value his efficiency, with one noting that he is “quick at grasping complicated issues” as well as praising his presentation in court, adding: “He brings a lot of ideas.”
Chambers Europe 2021
- M.V. Lomonosov Moscow State University, law degree, 2006
Admitted to practice in the Russian Federation
- Chambers Europe, 2011-2022
- The Legal 500 EMEA, 2014-2021
- Who's Who Legal, 2014-2020
- Best Lawyers, 2017-2022
- Euromoney Expert Guides, 2020