We regularly advise clients on clearing transactions with government authorities, including complex merger filings, multi-jurisdictional filings in the CIS countries, and clearance under the Russian law on foreign investment, as well as antitrust aspects of joint ventures and the conclusion of sector-specific and inter-industry agreements.
We also assist clients with antitrust assessment for the purpose of clearance of transactions with potential anticompetitive consequences.
Our experience in this area includes the following projects:
- clearance of the acquisition of thyssenkrupp Elevator AG for EUR 17.2 billion by the consortium led by Advent and Cinven along with minority co-investors
- clearance of the acquisition of Sberbank’s 45 per cent share by Yandex in the e-commerce venture Yandex.Market for RUR 42 billion
- clearance of AbbVie’s acquisition of Allergan, the Irish-domiciled maker of Botox, for USD 63 billion
- clearance of Celgene’s acquisition by Bristol-Myers Squibb for USD 74 billion
- clearance of a joint venture between Yandex and Uber by the FAS of Russia in respect of the ridesharing business in Russia and CIS countries (the ‘deal of the year’ of 2017 in Russia)
They have a balance of practice and knowledge. They are very experienced.
Chambers Europe 2021