Head of economic department
Anastasia Shastitko joined the team in 2019 as an economist. The scope of her expertise includes the economics of competition policy and data analysis. In 2018-2019 Anastasia did an internship at Charles River Associates, a leading international economic consulting company (London, UK). Before that she had worked as an economic analyst representing the Department of Competition and Industrial Policy of the Faculty of Economics of Moscow State University.
As a member of Antitrust Advisory team, Anastasia is responsible for economic analysis, which is used as a part of clients’ legal defense in antitrust investigations, as well we to justify vertical and horizontal agreements in the context of filings with antitrust authorities and helps to bring commercial and pricing policies in compliance with the competition law. She supports clients in their interactions with independent experts and participates in expert groups on competition policy issues.
Anastasia is also an active participant in academic discussions on competition policy, being the author of more than ten publications in Russian and foreign peer-reviewed journals, as well as a speaker at international conferences on the relevant topics.
Her track record includes advising:
- Philip Morris International on the competitive assessment and payback period estimation of the agreement between Philip Morris Products S.A. and the Korean tobacco company KT&G as part of the filing with the FAS of Russia and antitrust authorities of other EAEU countries
- Yandex on the data-intensive merger assessment in the taxi aggregator market as part of the filing with the FAS of Russia and on other antitrust issues
- Tinkoff Bank on the assessment of damages incurred by the company due to the violation of the antitrust law by the mobile operators
- SIBUR and TAIF on the merger assessment as part of the filing with the FAS of Russia of the largest merger in the petrochemical industry in Russia
- NLMK on the economic arguments as part of the company’s legal position in the antitrust investigation initiated by the FAS on the hot-rolled steel market
- M.video and Eldorado on the analysis of the dynamics of prices for differentiated products in the market for set-top boxes in the antitrust investigation on monopolistic pricing initiated by the FAS of Russia and on the company’s pricing policy
- Moscow State University, PhD in Economics, Moscow, 2016
- École d'économie de Paris (Paris School of Economics), Master of Economics, Paris, 2013
- University of Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne, Master of Economics, Paris, 2013
- The London School of Economics and Political Science, Bachelor of Economics, London, 2011
- National Research University Higher School of Economics, Bachelor of Economics, Moscow, 2011