Alexander joined the team in 2014. Prior to joining Antitrust Advisory, he had worked at the leading international law firms Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer, Dechert and DLA Piper.
Alexander is a member of the FAS of Russia Advisory Board on Retail Sector Competition, and also regularly works with the FAS of Russia on improving Russian antitrust legislation. Alexander has been awarded a certificate of merit by the FAS of Russia.
Alexander is a lecturer in competition law at the Moscow State Institute of International Relations.
His track record includes representing:
- Procter & Gamble before the FAS in the matter related to the alleged unfair competition because of the alleged differences in consumer characteristics of P&G’s products in the EU and in Russia (‘dual quality’)
- Ottobock, the global market leader in medical mobility solutions, in the investigation initiated by the FAS accusing producers and distributors of orthoses in participation in a retail price fixing cartel
- M.video and Eldorado in the Competition Law case initiated by the FAS in the beginning of 2019. The FAS accused several major retailers of the abuse of collective dominance by setting excessive retail prices for set-top boxes
- Major international manufacturers of home appliances and electronics in connection with investigations by the FAS in relation to coordinating resale prices (including issues on parallel import)
- Klin Meat Processing Plant (the PRODO group) in an unfair competition case against Vladimirsky Standart meat processing plant
Alexander Egorushkin represents clients before the FAS in investigations of unfair competition and cartels. He also assists with compliance, including distribution issues. One client describes him as “a good orator,” whilst another adds that “he is someone to bring in for disputes or negotiations.
Chambers Europe 2021
- New York University School of Law, LL.M., 2013
- Tomsk State University, law degree (with honors), 2005
Admitted to practice in the Russian Federation
- Best Lawyers, 2017-2022
- Chambers Europe, 2013-2021
- The Legal 500 EMEA, 2015-2021
- Euromoney Expert Guides, 2020