Antitrust Proceedings and Disputes
We advise companies at all stages of antitrust investigations and disputes, including assisting with information requests from antitrust authorities, ‘dawn raids’ and scheduled audits and reviews by the FAS of Russia. We also represent clients in proceedings before the FAS of Russia and in court.
Our experience includes complex abuse of dominance cases, cartel cases and investigations of other anticompetitive agreements, including in relation to tenders. We also represent clients in cases involving market coordination (including with respect to pricing), unfair competition and trade law violations.
Our recent experience in this area includes advising:
- Yandex in connection with an investigation into abuse of dominance by Google in Russia and other jurisdictions (the ‘Google Android’ case)
- Orient Overseas Container Line, a leading global container shipping and logistics service company, in connection with a cartel investigation by the FAS of Russia, including subsequently challenging in court the decision rendered by the FAS of Russia against a number of international container carriers
- Uralkali in several investigations by the FAS of Russia concerning monopoly pricing
- Procter & Gamble in a number of unfair competition cases involving the release of products to market in copycat packaging and misleading consumers
- a leading multinational company in connection with preparation for an on-site audit by the FAS of Russia related to advertising and promotion of the client’s products, and assisting the client in the course of the audit
- a retail chain in a successful juridical challenge against a decision made by a regional office of the FAS of Russia according to which the client had been found to have violated Russian trade law by setting discriminatory conditions
Behavioural work is the order of the day at Antitrust Advisory
The Global Competition Review
… antitrust law boutique particularly noted for its dispute resolution capabilities. Often instructed on high-profile cases in relation to alleged abuse of dominance, unfair competition and price fixing