Igor joined the team in 2014. Prior to joining Antitrust Advisory, he worked in a number of leading international law firms. He has more than 25 years of professional experience behind him.
Igor specializes in antitrust issues related to risk mitigation, distribution, pricing, exchange of information, M&A and investigations, and provides general competition advice. He also has significant experience structuring complex distribution arrangements and other contractual arrangements between manufacturers and their Russian distributors, retail chains and other service providers.
Igor is currently based in London. He actively works with the firm’s clients on a day-to-day basis.
His track record includes advising:
- an international tobacco company on structuring contractual relationships with Russian distributors, developing a commercial policy, exchange of information, pricing, conflict of interest and other antitrust and commercial issues
- leading multinational companies, including Nestlé, Procter & Gamble and others, on issues of Russian antitrust legislation
- a group of international oil companies on antitrust issues related to a cross-border oil transportation via a pipeline under a production sharing agreement
- a consortium of oil companies on aspects of the legislation on competition and natural monopolies in connection with the allocation of rights of access to a trunk pipeline
- a Japanese industrial company in connection with an investigation by the FAS of Russia based on an allegation of cartel agreement
- Zurich Insurance in various proceedings related to compliance with the antitrust legislation and with respect to disputes heard by the FAS of Russia and Russian courts
- PepsiCo in relation to the $3.8 billion acquisition of a 66% stake in OJSC Wimm-Bill-Dann, including assistance in obtaining clearance of the transaction by the FAS of Russia and approval of the transaction by the Government Commission on Monitoring Foreign Investment in Russia
Igor is a driving force in Russian antitrust practice and a highly competent lawyer equally skilled at theoretical and practical aspects of corporate and energy law
- Moscow State Institute of International Relations (MGIMO), International Law School, law degree (with honors), 1990
- Temple University School of Law, LL.M., law degree (with honors), 1993
- Harvard University School of Law, LL.M., 1995
Russian, English, French
Qualified to practice in the Russian Federation
- Best Lawyers, 2009-2020
- Chambers Europe, 2013-2018
- The Legal 500 EMEA, 2015-2018