Prior to joining the firm in 2012, Evgeny had worked at the leading international law firms, such as Linklaters, Clifford Chance and DLA Piper.
Evgeny is a member of the FAS of Russia Council on IT Sector and the Council on Foreign Investment, and a member of the Russian Association of Competition Experts. In 2008 and 2011 Evgeny was awarded a certificate of merit by the FAS of Russia.
In 2015 he was awarded a second-class medal of the Order of Merit for services to Russia in contributing to the advancement of antitrust regulation in the country.
His track record includes advising:
- Yandex in connection with an investigation into abuse of dominance by Google in Russia and other jurisdictions in connection with its Android operating system
- Yandex on antitrust aspects of the establishment of a joint venture between Yandex.Taxi and Uber in Russia and other jurisdictions
- Yandex on antitrust aspects of the establishment of a joint venture between Yandex and Sberbank on the basis of Yandex.Market
- a leading international pharmaceutical firm on various antitrust issues, including antitrust aspects of pricing, distribution, state procurements and compliance
- Orient Overseas Container Line, a leading global container shipping and logistics service company, in connection with a cartel investigation by the FAS of Russia focusing on global container shipping companies, and subsequently appealing the decision rendered by the FAS of Russia
- Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal Corporation, the world’s second-largest steel company, on pre-completion clearance by the FAS of Russia of the acquisition of Ovako, a Swedish manufacturer of specialized steel products
- Uralkali, Russia’s largest potassium producer, in a number of abuse of dominance cases
Sources praise the high quality of advice Evgeny provides and his depth of experience
Chambers Europe 2018
- M.V. Lomonosov Moscow State University, law degree, 2006
Admitted to practice in the Russian Federation
- Chambers Europe, 2011-2019
- The Legal 500 EMEA 2014-2019
- Who's Who Legal 2014-2019
- Best Lawyers, 2017-2020
- Euromoney Expert Guides, 2015